RESTRICTIONS AND OTHER STUFF
Important notice regarding Spawning
Spawning time is the biggest annual risk to our fish!
Anglers fishing the lake in late Spring, early Summer season may find that the Carp are preparing to spawn during their week. If this is the case, anglers must remove any baits from shallow areas, and allow the fish to spawn, undisturbed. You can continue to fish in the deeper areas, until the fish have finished spawning, and will then be able to continue to fish the margins once spawning has finished. (usually lasts about 2/3 days BUT can be longer). Failure to do so will result in being banned from the lake.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the group organizer, to ensure that ALL members of the group are informed of the restrictions before you arrive at the lakes…..
Anglers must fish in pairs+...so, minimum 2 anglers per swim, this is for both fish and angler safety reasons. There are 3 big double swims which together access the whole lake.
The point swim can accommodate 3 anglers.
The Graviers Tic Hook
click image to find out more..
1. NO SACKING
2. NO LITTER (including Fag butts) /NO BAG or BUCKET CRAPPING or CAMPING TOILETS
3. NO BRAIDED MAINLINE, LEADCORE or LEADERS OF ANY TYPE
4. BAIT - Allowed particles are HEMP (Sealed bait company containers only) / SWEETCORN / MAIZE FLAKE (available here) / VITALIN / PELLETS... TIGER NUTS Hookbaits only (Small tub only for hookbaits)
PLASTIC / ARTIFICIAL BAITS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
ZIG RIGS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
BAIT SCREWS ARE NOT ALLOWED
5. NO “CURVED SHANK” TYPE HOOKS / HOOKS MUST BE BARBED / Hook size limit in place (See hook guide below)
6. MINIMUM DIAMETER 0.35MM NYLON MAINLINE ONLY, (Also including Nylon/Fluoro hooklengths) Spool capacity minimum 350m.
7. RODS Groups of upto 5 anglers with 4 rods each, (Rods must never be left unattended).
The new shorter (9ft/10ft) type "boat" rods are no longer allowed here,
So, minimun 12 ft rods allowed .... Maximum Test curve od 3.5 lbs, and 3 lbs test or under are preffered.
8. All anglers must fish in pairs and have a boat in the swim, fishery supplied boats only. There will be no charge for the boats providing they are returned CLEAN.
Electric motors are compulsory, You will need 2 batteries and a charger. Hire motors are available if required
(Bait-boats are allowed)
9. ALL FISH MUST REMAIN IN THE WATER AT ALL TIMES DURING HANDLING AND IN THE SAFETY MATS PROVIDED DURING HANDLING, WEIGHING AND PHOTOGRAPHING
10. MAXIMUM LEAD SIZE > 5 ounces / 140 grams. ALL RIGS MUST EJECT / DUMP THE LEADS,
Rigs are checked before fishing starts, any rig “changes” must be checked before using.
RIGS - Only lead clips, Inline leads and Running rigs are accepted.... (zigs, heli & chod rigs, 360 / spinner rigs are not allowed. Bait screws are not allowed.
Certain hook types are not allowed at THE GRAVIERS, both on the Main lake, and the Long lake. Curved shank hooks are not accepted at the lakes, only straight shanked hooks are allowed, and with a maximum hook width of 13mm.
ALL HOOKS MUST BE BARBED
SHORT SHANK hooks are prefered to Long shank.
Below are examples of the hook patterns that are accepted.
ALLOWED / accepted Maximum width for hooks 13mm
Here below are the type of hooks that are not accepted.
NOT ALLOWED / not accepted
WHY? Read this....
Use of certain types of hooks are not allowed at THE GRAVIERS , both on the Main lake, and the Long lake.
This rule has not been introduced to try to stop you from catching!
During my own investigations into the risk of damage caused to fishes mouths by certain hooks, the conclusion was made that certain hook patterns greatly increase the risk of tearing, double hooking, and failure to be ejected in the case of a cut-off or crack-off.
Hooks must be barbed... and have a straight shank .....Curved shank hooks are not allowed!
Curved shank hooks are not allowed at the Graviers...It's mainly the extreme curved patterns that can be very difficult to eject if left in a Carp's mouth, and can cause considerable mouth damage, depending on the hook hold.
It's difficult to have a "curve limit" on hooks, so for that reason all curved shank hooks are banned at the Graviers.
Look > Rather than try and find a borderline hook, or if you are unsure about a particular hook, then choose a different one with a straight shank, it’s easier.
As stated above there is a “Minimum diameter” line restriction in place with main lines and nylon hook links used at the Graviers. (Braided mailine is NOT allowed)
Nylon and Fluorocarbon main lines, and hook links must be of at least 0.35mm diameter and not under. (Braided/combo hook links must be 25 lbs+)
Large capacity reels are needed, and your main lines must not be joined! As in no “backing”….just complete spools of minimum 0.35mm line.
Important…please read. > The Carp at the lakes have particularly soft mouths…so rods of 3 lbs test curve or under are preferred, (must be under 3.5 lbs TC) and a correctly set clutch is essential, no back winding.
Luke Moffatt, The Graviers Dijon